- St. Patrick’s Day: Eighth grade is sponsoring a dress down day to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on Monday, March 18th. Students can dress in green if they bring $2.
- Spring Break: Spring Break begins on Thursday, March 22nd at 2:15 p.m. Aftercare will not be available. Classes resume on Monday, April 1st.
- Aspire Testing: the week of April 8th.
- Science Test on Unit 4, Ecosystems on Wednesday, March 20th. A study guide will be sent home on Monday, 3/18.
- Math test on Chapter 9, Decimals, on Friday, March 22nd.
- Spelling Test on Lesson 13 words on Friday, April 5th.
Topics of Study for the Week of March 11th-15th:
Students continued to discuss ways to follow the Eighth Commandment. Students also reviewed the steps for a good confession.
Students practiced converting fractions into decimals. They also solved word problems involving money amounts.
Students had a choice between two opinion essays. Students could write about which super power they would choose or how specials, such as gym, help them succeed in other subjects.
Students read the story “When the Earth Dragon Awakes” and practiced sequencing the events of the story in order. Students also practiced finding synonyms.
Students began an experiment to see what items decompose in dirt.