The students worked well in groups to create food webs in science. I was impressed with everyone’s creativity and effort!
- Lenten Confessions: The fourth grade class will go to confession on Friday, 3/15.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Eighth grade is sponsoring a dress down day to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on Monday, March 18th. Students can dress in green if they bring $2.
- Spring Break: Spring Break begins on Thursday, March 22nd at 2:15 p.m. Aftercare will not be available.
- Religion test on Chapter 15 on Thursday, 3/14.
- Reading test on “The Earth Dragon Awakes,” synonyms, and possessive nouns on Friday, 3/15.
- Science Test on Unit 4 Ecosystems on Wednesday, March 20th.
- Math test on Chapter 9, Decimals, on Friday, March 22nd.
Topics of Study for the Week of March 4th-8th:
Students discussed the Eighth Commandment “Thou shall not bear false witness against their neighbor” and how we need to be a witness to our faith by telling the truth.
Student continued to practice multiplying fractions to solve word problems.
Students practiced reading and comprehending poems. They also reviewed rules for singular and plural possessive nouns.
Groups presented their Ecosystem Food Webs to the class. Students also read about natural resources we use.