Students enjoyed a lively academic competition among the upstairs Houses Friday afternoon. Students were presented with academic questions from a number of topics such as math, language arts, and SVF facts. Houses worked together to answer the questions and receive points.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: Thursday and Friday, February 28th and March 1st. Early Dismissal on March 1st at 11:30 a.m. Aftercare will not be available on Friday.
- Multicultural Event: Students will visit the event during the afternoon on Thursday, 2/28. Everyone is invited to visit the Fest Thursday night in the gym from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Glow in the Dark Party: Students in grades fourth through eighth are invited to a social on Friday, March 1st from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the gym.
- Practice test for Aspire: Students will take one more math and reading practice test on Monday, 3/4.
- Ash Wednesday: Students will attend mass and receive their ashes on 3/6.
- Religion Test over Chapter 14 on Wednesday, 2/27
- Reading Test over “The Screech Owl Who Liked Television,” fact vs. opinion, and proper nouns on Friday, 3/1.
- Math Test over Chapter 8 on Thursday, 3/7.
- Spelling test on Lesson 12 words on Friday, 3/8.
Topics of Study for the Week of February 18th-22nd
Students discussed many ways we can follow the fifth Commandment “Though shall not kill.” Students learned that the Commandment teaches that all life needs to be respected.
Students reviewed adding and subtracting fractions. They also spent a little time reviewing measurements.
Students practiced proofreading different texts on www.noredink.com.
Students read the story “The Screech Owl Who Loved Television” and reviewed ways to tell the difference between a fact and opinion.
Groups presented their Colony commercials in Social Studies. They also began a new unit in Science on Ecosystems.