The Fourth Grade class did an excellent job hosting mass last Thursday. I am proud of them!! Students who volunteered to participate will continue to rotate through jobs the next three Thursdays.
- Mass: Fourth grade will help with the school masses on Thursdays at noon through out the month of January. Students may do readings, hold doors, or serve during mass. Please join us if possible.
- Early Dismissal: Tuesday, 1/15 at 2:15PM; Aftercare will be available as usual.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, 1/21, No School
- Catholic School’s Week Open House: School is in-session on Sunday, 1/27 for our Open House from 8:00AM-1:30PM. Students should wear their school uniforms. Please come visit our classroom! No school on Friday, February 1st.
- Religion Test: test on Chapter 11 on Wednesday, 1/16. A review will be sent home on Monday, 1/14.
- Aspire Practice Tests: Wednesday and Thursday, 1/16 and 1/17.
- Reading Test: test on the realistic story “Me and My Uncle Romie” and conjunctions on Friday, 1/18.
- Science Test: on Unit 3 on plants and animals on Wednesday, 1/23. A review will be sent home this Friday,, 1/18.
- Math Test: On Chapter 6, Fractions, on Friday, 1/25. A review will be sent home on Wednesday, 1/23.
Topics of Study for the Week of January 7th-11th:
Students have been learning about how the Saints and Mary are good examples for us to follow. They have also read about how Saints are canonized.
Students practiced how to find equivalent fractions and how to write fractions in simplest form.
Students wrote fictional stories using their spelling words.
Students practiced identifying and using conjunctions correctly in writing.
Students read about how plants pollinate and produce seeds. They also started an experiment to observe seeds germinate.