Student Council is asking students to participate in “The Road to Bethlehem,” a giving Advent Calendar. Students add an item a day to make a care package. Completed care packages should be brought to school between December 17th-21st.
- Santa’s Workshop: Fourth grade will have a chance to shop at Santa’s Workshop on Tuesday, 12/4 from 12:00-12:45PM. The workshop will also be open after school on Wednesday, 12/5.
- Advent Confessions: Fourth grade will go to confessions for the season of Advent on Friday, 12/7.
- Christmas Music Concert: Thursday, 12/20 at Trinity High School.
- Christmas Break: Christmas break will begin at 2:15PM on Friday, 12/21. Students return to school on Monday, 1/7.
- Math Test: over Chapter 4 on division on Tuesday, 12/4.
- Religion Test: over Chapter 9 on Tuesday, 12/4.
- Reading Test: over the story “Coming Attractions,” facts vs. opinion, Greek and Latin word parts: phon, photo, graph, and auto, and verb tenses: past, present, and future on Friday, 12/7.
- Religion Test: over Chapter 10 on Friday, 12/14.
Topics of Study for the Week of November 26th-30th:
Students have been reviewing the first three Commandments to help them understand how to honor, adore, and worship God. Students have learned vocabulary terms such as blasphemy and idolatry.
Students continued to practice long division. They also worked on solving multi-step word problems.
Students practiced paraphrasing when taking notes. They are preparing for an in-class research project on Explorers.
Students read the nonfiction story “Coming Attractions” and reviewed verb tenses; past, present, and future.
Students read about Spanish conquistadors. Partners created comic strips to show what happened when Hernan Cortes conquered the Aztecs.