Thank you to the Mullen-Buss family for donating and painting the wonderful bags or corn-hole boards that the fourth grade class will auction off at the Black and White Gala on November 17th. Each student signed the boards and created their own unique symbol. The boards look awesome! I hope you are able to attend the event so you can bid on these one of a kind boards! I will send a picture soon!
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: The online sign up will begin on Monday, 11/5 and close on Monday, 11/12. Conferences will be held from 3:30-8:00 on Thursday, 11/15 and from 12:15-3:30 on Friday, 11/16. Students will be dismissed at 11:30AM on Friday
- Spirit Wear: on sale now until 11/18!
- Grandparent’s Day; Special One’s Day: Tuesday, 11/20 from 12:00-3:10PM.
- Thanksgiving Break: Begins at 3:10PM on Tuesday, 11/20. Students return to school on Monday 11/26.
- Religion Test: over chapter 8 on Tuesday, 11/13.
- Reading Test: over the fairy tale “Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude” and verbs including helping verbs and linking verbs on Friday, 11/16.
Topics of Study for the Week of November 5th-9th:
Students learned the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy. They discussed ways they as fourth graders could preform these acts of Mercy.
Students practiced interpreting remainders when answering word problems.
Students read two passages on whether Fidget toys are tools or toys. Then they planned and wrote an essay stating their opinion using evidence from the passages to support their opinions. They will continue to edit and revise these essays.
Students practiced using and identifying verbs such as helping verbs and linking verbs, better known as verbs of be. They also practiced using more accurate verbs when writing.
Students reviewed vocabulary terms from Unit 2 on Engineering.