Today we did an egg-periment in science. Students created a prototype egg transportation system. They tested their prototype by dropping it from 2 meters to see if it kept the egg safe.
- Fall Fest: Student Council is once again organizing the Fall Festival which will take place from 3-5PM on Friday, 11/9. Pre-sale wrist bands for $5 each can be purchased until Wednesday, 11/7.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: The first trimester will end this Wednesday, 11/12. You will receive information via email about signing up for conferences. The online sign up will begin on Monday, 11/5 and close on Monday, 11/12. Conferences will be held from 3:30-8:00 on Thursday, 11/15 and from 12:15-3:30 on Friday, 11/16.
- Grandparent’s Day; Special One’s Day: Tuesday, 11/20. RSVPs are due Friday, 11/9.
- Spirit Wear: on sale now until 11/18!
- Science Quiz: over vocabulary terms from Unit 2 on Wednesday, 11/7. A review will be sent home on Monday.
- Spelling Test: over lesson 6 words on Friday, 11/9.
- Simple Solutions Quiz: over lessons 37-40 on Friday, 11/9.
Topics of Study for the Week of October 29th-November 2nd:
Students began to learn about the Great Commandment Jesus taught us. He said to love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Students began to practice dividing two-digit numbers by one-digit numbers.
Students read two passages on whether or not teenagers should be allowed to go trick-or-treating. Then they planned and wrote an essay stating their opinion using evidence from the passages to support their opinions. The students did a terrific job!
Students read dictionary entries to help determine the meaning of a word in a sentence. They also reviewed different types of nouns; common, proper, plural, and possessive.
Students began a unit on engineering. They read about how engineers design products to solve problems by creating a design and then a prototype.