Thank you to all the parents and families who came to visit the Fourth Grade students Native American presentations. The students did a terrific job! I was very impressed with how creative the students were.
- Halloween: We will celebrate Halloween on Wednesday, October 31st with a school parade at 8:30AM and classroom party at the end of the school day. Grades 1st-8th will dismiss at 2:15PM
- All Saints Day: We will attend mass at 8:30AM on Thursday, 11/1 to celebrate this holiday.
- Fall Fest: Student Council is once again organizing the Fall Festival which will take place from 3-5PM on Friday, 11/9. Pre-sale wrist bands for $5 each can be purchased until Wednesday, 11/7.
- Grandparent’s Day; Special One’s Day: Tuesday, 11/20. RSVPs are due Friday, 11/9.
- Religion Test: over Chapter 7 on Monday, 10/29.
- Math Test: over Chapter 3, Multiplying two-digit numbers, on Tuesday, 10/30.
- Reading Test: over the tall tale “Stormalong,” understanding characters, reading a dictionary entry, and nouns (common, proper, singular, and plural) on Friday, 11/2.
Topics of Study for the Week of October 22nd-26th:
Students learned about the Beatitudes that Jesus gave us to help us achieve eternal happiness with God in heaven. Students learned that Beatitude means blessing.
Students continue to practice multiplying two digit numbers and solve multi-step word problems.
Students read the tall tale “Stormalong” and practice making inferences about the characters based on their actions and words.
Students finished reading about different Native American tribes. They also presented their projects to the class.