It sounds like I missed an amazing assembly on Friday! I hope the students enjoyed Staley the Bears message on bullying. I hope you were able to watch the many videos that were posted on social media and WGN News!
- Early Dismissal: Dismissal at 2:15PM on Tuesday, October 23rd.
- Native American Presentations: Student’s Native American projects are due on Monday, October 22nd. Students will display their projects in Kyte Hall from 1:00PM-1:30PM. Please come see their hard work!
- Field Trip: Students will go to the Northshore Center for Performing Arts to see a magician use math to do magic tricks on Wednesday, October 24th. Students should wear their gym uniforms and bring a lunch from home.
- Halloween: We will celebrate Halloween on Wednesday, October 31st with a classroom party at the end of the school day. Students may bring treats to share if desired. We have 25 students in our class.
- Spelling Tests: test on Lesson 5 words on Friday, 10/26.
- Religion Test: over Chapter 7 on Monday, 10/29.
- Math Test: over Chapter 3, Multiplying two-digit numbers, on Tuesday, 10/30.
Topics of Study for the Week of October 15th-19th:
Students finished chapter 6 on making good choices. They also researched and wrote a report on a saint of their choice.
Students learned two different ways to multiply two-digit numbers, area model and partial products.
Students read the realistic fiction story “The Power of W.O.W.” and practiced identifying the theme of the story. They also reviewed the prefixes mis- and non-.
Students continued to read about different Native American tribes in North America such as the Inuit and Pueblo.