Native American Projects: Each fourth grade student chose a tribe to research from our Social Studies book. They were given time in class to complete their research. They will now use their research to create a display to teach others about that tribe. The displays can be a model, diorama, poster, etc. You are invited to come view these displays from 1:00-1:30 in Kyte Hall on Monday, October 22nd!
- Picture Retakes: Wednesday, October 17th.
- Early Dismissal: Dismissal at 2:15PM on Tuesday, October 23rd.
- Native American Presentations: Student’s Native American projects are due on Monday, October 22nd. Students will display their projects in Kyte Hall from 1:00PM-1:30PM. Please come see their hard work!
- Field Trip: Students will go to the Northshore Center for Performing Arts to see a magician use math to do magic tricks on Wednesday, October 24th. Permission slips are due on Friday, October 19th.
- Religion: Test over Chapter 6 on Wednesday, 10/17
- Simple Solution Quiz: over lessons 25-28 on Wednesday, 10/17.
- Reading Test: over the story “The Power of W.O.W,” theme, conjunctions, prefixes non and mis, simple and compound sentences.
Topics of Study for the Week of October 8th-:12th
Students learned that God gave us the gift of Free Will so that we can make choices. God gives us many things such as grace to help us make good choices.
Students practiced using the steps in Order of Operations to solve multi-step equations.
Students learned about conjunctions and how to use them to combine two similar simple sentences to form one compound sentence. They also practiced completing analogies using their spelling words.
Students learned about the culture of the Mayan tribe. They also began to take notes on a tribe of their choice. They will use these notes to create a display.