There are two ways you can help our class prepare for the Black and White Gala! This is a huge fundraiser for our school.
First, a note was sent home this week about the fourth grade class putting together a basket for the silent auction titled “It’s a Sweet Life.” You can donate items from the list. Please click her for a link to the letter: BWG Class Baskets
Second, you can help our class create our Gala Masterpiece! This would be something the students would help create at school to be auctioned off at the Black and White Gala. Volunteers who help create this piece can receive Friar Hours.
Reminder: Doors to school open at 7:45AM on days with inclement weather. Students who arrive before 7:45AM should go the Before Care.
- Columbus Day: No school on Monday, October 8th.
- Aspire Interim Practice Tests: Week of October 8th.
- Picture Retakes: Wednesday, October 17th.
- Early Dismissal: Dismissal at 2:15PM on Tuesday, October 23rd.
- Field Trip: Students will go to the Northshore Center for Performing Arts to see a magician use math to do magic tricks on Wednesday, October 24th. Permission slips are due on Friday, October 19th.
- Spelling Test: Test over lesson 4 words on Friday, 10/12
- Math Test: Test over Chapter 2; Multiplying on Friday, 10/5.
Topics of Study for the Week of October 1st-5th:
Students learned that the Holy Trinity is a community made from love. The Holy Trinity is an example of how we should live in a community that works to help the common good.
Students continued to practice multiply larger numbers. They also worked on solving multi-step word problems.
Students planned and wrote a descriptive story about a scarecrow.
Students read the story “When Tia Lola Came to Stay” and practiced identifying cause and effect relationships.
Students finished Unit 1 by completing the chapter review. Students will begin to learn about Native Americans in Social Studies.