Join the Parent’s Club at Zumba classes! All money will be donated to the Parent’s Club which will in turn benefits our students! Classes are Tuesdays at 6:30 and Thursdays at 7:00 in the SVF gym and cost $5 per class. Discounted packages are available.
- Columbus Day: No school on Monday, October 8th.
- Picture Retakes: Wednesday, October 17th.
- Early Dismissal: Dismissal at 2:15PM on Tuesday, October 23rd.
- Field Trip: Students will go to the Northshore Center for Performing Arts to see a magician use math to do magic tricks on Wednesday, October 24th. Permission slips are due on Friday, October 19th.
- Religion Test: Test over Chapter 5; The Holy Trinity on Friday, 10/5. A chapter review will be sent home Thursday night.
- Reading Test: Test over the story “When Tia Lola Came to Stay,” cause and effect relationships, and the four types of sentences on Friday, 10/5.
Topics of Study for the Week of September 24th-28th:
Students learned that all humans have Human Dignity because we were all created in the image and likeness of God. Therefore we need to treat everyone with respect. The students also learned the difference between venial and mortal sins.
Students continue to learn different ways to multiply larger numbers that emphasis using place value. Many of these methods help students stay more organized without the need to carry/regroup like in the traditional algorithm.
Students planned and wrote a narrative that was either real or imagined.
Students practiced identifying the four types of sentences; declarative, imperative, interrogative, and exclamatory. Students also practiced reading more closely to help them look back at a reading selection and find evidence to support their answer.
Students continue to learn what a scientist does. They had a chance to make observations about classroom items using tools such as magnifying glass, balance scale, and spring scale.