Today students worked with partners to complete a Labor Day Scavenger Hunt. They searched the classroom for clues to answer questions about Labor Day.
- Labor Day: Monday, 9/3; No School
- Band Information Night: 7:30PM, Thursday, 9/6
- Hot Lunch: Begins Monday, 9/10
- Early Dismissal: 2:15PM dismissal on Tuesday, 9/11. (Before Care and After Care will operate like normal.)
- Curriculum Night: 6:30PM-8:00PM, Thursday, 9/13
- Picture Day: Friday, 9/14. Students may be out of uniform in their Sunday best.
- Scholastic Book Orders Due: Both online and paper orders are due on Friday, 9/14 for the September order. You can order using our class code; PH4J3; online at https://clubs.scholastic.com/
- Religion Test: Test over Chapter 1 on Wednesday, 9/5. A chapter review will be sent home Monday night.
- Reading Test: Test over the story “Because of Winn Dixie” and parts of a sentence on Friday, 9/7. Students may bring home a Journey’s book to reread story. They are also allowed to look at the story during the test.
Topics of Study for the Week of August 27th-31st
Students read the story of creation. The learned about God’s Providence. God has a plan for each of us.
Students practiced understanding place value by reading and writing numbers in standard form, word form, and expanded form. They also compared and ordered numbers.
Students wrote a personal narrative. They also practiced using the iPad app EDUcreations to write a short story using spelling words.
Students read the story “Because of Winn Dixie.” They also reviewed that every sentence needs a subject and predicate.
Students began an unit on Geography. They practiced finding locations on a map using lines of longitude and latitude.